Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Dhongee


Having lived in the East End of London for some years I was always dazzled by the exotic looking Bollywood record sleeves I used to see down Brick Lane- in the Indian and Pakistani shops and the flea market. After a while I began buying them just to see what lie beneath the gaudy sleeve art and was delighted with some of the finds. The film soundtrack "Dhongee" was one such find and the name Asha Bhosle soon became very firmiliar to me as she seemed to be on most Indian film soundtracks I came across! She has the most amazing voice as you can hear on this first track from "Dhongee" which was released in 1975. The music direction was by Rahul Dev Burman.


Asha Bhosle - Dil Chhina Chain Churaya

1 comment:

Timmy said...

Exasperatingly poinget (poignet?) Anyways, thanx!