Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eli Buckett



A CD from one of my contacts that I've had a few years safely locked away in the cowshed. Maybe it should have stayed there? Anyway I thought I would give it an airing as you have all been so good and deserve cheering up ( is that the right phrase? ).
I dont know much about Eli but heres a blurb about a show he does-

"Goring resident Rod Scriven is presenting the popular West Country character Eli Buckett at the Kenton Theatre, Henley, on Friday, September 12th.

It Makes I Laugh will feature Eli and his band The Haybalers in an evening of comedy songs, stories and good natured country humour.

Rod has performed the character in theatres and clubs across the country and internationally, with tv and radio appearances and even released a single, The Yodelling Cockerel.

“People can come to the show and expect a lot of fun and a really good laugh,” said Rod.

“I’ve been performing as Eli for several years. If you split me down the middle, I’m a quarter Rod and three quarters Eli Buckett.


“It’s a good old West country show, with buckets of laughs,” he said. "


Eli Buckett - Somerset Born

Eli Buckett - Stooper's Hill

Eli Buckett - Her Romeo Just Walked On By

Eli Buckett - Oh Ah

Eli Buckett - When I'm Cleaning Windows (Cowsheds)

2 comments:

Russell CJ Duffy said...

A wonderfully absurd name. It wasn't his real name surely?

No, no, not SHIRLEY, surely!

Wastedpapiers said...

No it's Rod Scriven which sounds like a made up one too!