Monday, October 08, 2007

Fred Douglas


Not really a boot sale find but an excuse to upload some novelty songs by Fred Douglas who I know nothing about except he made lots of cover versions of hits on the cheap Regal label that sold in Woolworths I believe back in the 30's and 40's. Later they had the Embassy label which did a similar service - all the pop hits of the day by obscure singers who nobody had ever heard of! Fred Douglas went by several other nom de plumes so probably appeared on other records too.

Any information about Fred greatly appreciated.


Fred Douglas - You've Got Those Wanna-Go-Back-Again Blues

Fred Douglas - I've Found A Roundabout Way To Heaven

Fred Douglas - Hello Aloha, How Are You?

Fred Douglas - Bandy Bertha's Birthday


These SendSpace files are available for seven days or untilk exhausted.

4 comments:

Dude said...

I luvvvv your blog!

Please check out my blog some time.

http://sampledude.blogspot.com/

music production, electronica, samples, loops, oddities..

Cheers!

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks dude. I like your blog too though not a big samples and loops fan. Nice to see some old reggae there as well- something I don't feature enough of.

bernie said...

Hi. I visit your blog at least once a week. Thank you for the work involved in making this stuuff available. Love it.
Bernie

Wastedpapiers said...

Hi Bernie- thanks for dropping by. Feedback is greatly appreciated. It gives me the encouragement to keep the blog going.